TIMES PG Forum was established in 2015 by a group of researchers at the University of Birmingham and Birmingham City University.
The aim of the Forum is promote and provide a platform of academic exchange for post-graduate research on Islam and the Middle Eastern world (broadly conceived).
The main objectives of the Forum are:
- to foster and support scholarly exchange, co-operation and output by hosting a regular post-graduate symposium;
- to host a monthly seminar to allow researchers to disseminate their research and/or present their findings;
- to provide workshops on topics of specific interest to members (e.g. Islamic law, gender in religion, Muslim communities, the study of manuscripts);
- to support the career development of PGRs and early career researchers by providing a platform to exchange scholarly ideas and sponsoring conference bursaries;
- to facilitate exchange and partnerships between publicly-funded Higher Education Institutions and private providers of HE-level Islamic Studies;
- to maintain an online presence and encourage online exchange through social media, mailing lists etc.